Find the Right Filtration System for Your Aquarium
When it comes to the maintenance and care of your aquarium, you want to make sure that you don’t skimp on the filtration system. While RODI filtration systems can be pricey, it’s important to find one that will perform at the level you need without breaking the bank.
In today’s post, we’ll take a look at some of the different features that a good filtration system must have. Whether you need a tune up for your aquarium filtration system, or you’re looking to purchase a completely new system, we can help. Contact SpectraPure to find the best aquarium filtration systems and solutions available.
Spectrapure MaxCap® RODI 90 and MaxCap® RODI 180
Our SpectraPure MaxCap® systems are leaders in the market for creating ultra pure RO and deionized water for your reef tank. As innovators in water technology, we are proud to offer The MaxCap® 90 and its big brother The MaxCap® 180.
We’ll take a closer look at the MaxCap® 90 and everything that comes with one of the most economical and high-performance filtration systems in the world.
1. The incoming feed water enters through a ¼ inch black line that is passed through a 0.5-micron MicroTec sediment prefilter. This filter is required to remove excess particulate matter.
2. The next stage of water filtration is a 0.5 micron, carbon block prefilter. This filter removes any organic matter, chlorine, and chloramine from the feed water.
3. The third stage in the water filtration system is a high-rejection, thin film composite (TFC) reverse osmosis membrane. It removes more than 98 percent of most inorganic salts, and all microorganisms and organics above 100 diatoms in molecular weight. Thin-film composite membranes are semipermeable membranes, which are manufactured principally for use in reverse osmosis water purification or water desalination systems. They have also been used in chemical applications such as batteries and fuel cells.
Most membranes that come directly from the manufacturer feature about a 96 percent rejection ratio while SpectraPure’s proprietary processing allows us to produce membranes that consistently reach up to 99 percent upon testing. Additionally, we are high-performance leaders in the industry due to the fact that all of our MaxCap® Systems include dual deionization (DI) cartridges.
4. The next two stages in our water filtration system are the MaxCap® DI “roughing” cartridge and our original SilicaBuster DI cartridge, which help with the final polishing. Using these two cartridges together provide four times more water filtration capacity and up to nine times the performance of comparable DI mix-bed cartridges. The reason for these high levels of production is due to our proprietary blend of resins that excel at targeting and removing trace silica and phosphates, which can be left behind with just RO alone.
5. All of the MaxCap® RODI systems from SpectraPure also come equipped with two, dual inline TDS meters, which let you monitor the performance of the system and let you know exactly when the cartridges need to be replaced. This unique feature helps to eliminate any guesswork, which allows you to use your cartridges until they are completely spent.
6. Finally, the MaxCap90® RODI system includes a manual flush valve, which further extends the life of the TFC membrane. It also includes a float and an ASO valve to aid with automatic shut-off once it reaches a specified water level in your reservoir.
All of these features not only contribute to the lifespan of your unit, but also the purity of your water and the ease of maintaining your gorgeous reef tank. If you are looking for ultra-pure RODI water and a system that takes all the guesswork out of keeping your reef tank performing at its best, then be sure to browse the entire collection of SpectraPure MaxCap® and Mega MaxCap® RODI Systems in our online store.
The MaxCap® 90 RODI System is capable of producing 90 gallons of pure water every day and has a 2:1 waste water ratio. The MaxCap® 180 RODI System has the exact same functionality, but it features two connected RO membranes and is capable of producing 180 gallons per day!
SpectraPure offers the best aquarium filtration systems that you will ever need to provide the purest water for your reef. Make sure to check back for future posts on the rest of SpectraPure’s family of RODI systems, including our aquarium starter kit and super-advanced pumped systems. Browse our aquarium filtration systems online today and contact us for help with your reef system.