Spectrapure MaxCap RODI 90 and 180 Systems
Our SpectraPure MaxCap® systems are leaders in the market for creating ultra pure RO (reverse osmosis) and DI (deionized) water for your reef tank. As innovators in water technology, we are proud to offer The Max Cap 90, and its big brother, The Max Cap 180. Let’s start with the Max Cap 90 and take a closer look at everything that comes with one of the most economical, high-performance filtration systems in the world.
1. The feed water comes in through a 1/4″ black line that is passed through a 0.5 micron MicroTec sediment prefilter. This filter is required to remove excess particulate matter.
2. The next stage of filtration is a 0.5 micron, carbon block prefilter. This filter removes organic matter and chlorine from the feed water.
3. The next step of the filtration system is a high-rejection, thin-film composite (TFC) reverse osmosis membrane. It removes more than 98% of most inorganic salts, all microorganisms, and organics above 100 diatoms of molecular weight. Thin-film composite membranes are semipermeable membranes that are manufactured principally for use in reverse osmosis water purification or water desalination systems. They are also valuable in chemical applications such as batteries and fuel cells.
Most membranes that come straight from the manufacturer have about a 96% rejection ratio while SpectraPure’s proprietary processing creates tested membranes that consistently reach up to a 99% rejection ratio.
4. All of our MaxCap® systems include dual deionization (DI) cartridges.
The fourth and fifth stage filters include our MaxCap® DI “roughing” cartridge followed by our original SilicaBuster DI cartridge for the final polishing. Our proprietary MaxCap® and SilicaBuster™ resins are the result of three decades of research and testing. Using these two cartridges together will give you four times more capacity and up to nine times the performance of comparable DI mix-bed cartridges because of our proprietary blend of resins that excel at targeting and removing trace silica and phosphates, which can be left behind with RO alone.
Not all DI resins are created equally. SpectraPure resins are your best choice! There are literally thousands of different variations of ion exchange resins, all of which are configured for specific purposes. At SpectraPure, we have been custom blending resins for laboratory, industrial, and aquatic applications for 30 years. While other aquatics companies use generic resin blends in their DI cartridges, SpectraPure is the only company that custom blends resins specifically for the aquatics trade, and we rigorously test every batch of resin that we produce.
5. All MaxCap® RODI systems also come equipped with two dual inline TDS meters which let you monitor the performance of the system so that you know exactly when the cartridges need to be replaced. This helps eliminate any guesswork and allows you to use your cartridges with absolute confidence until they are truly ready to be retired.
6. Finally, the MaxCap90® RODI system includes a manual flush valve, which further extends the life of the TFC membrane. It also includes a float and an ASO valve for automatic shut off once it reaches a specified water level in your reservoir. All of these features contribute not only to the lifespan of your unit but also to the purity of the water and the ease of maintaining your gorgeous reef tank.
If you are looking for ultra-pure RODI water and a system that takes all the guesswork out of keeping your reef tank performing at its best, then we offer an entire family of SpectraPure MaxCap and Mega MaxCap RODI Systems.
The MaxCap 90 RODI System that we have just looked at is capable of producing 90 gallons of pure water per day and has a 2:1 waste-water ratio. The MaxCap 180 RODI System performs the same functions but comes with 2 piggy-backed RO membranes so that it is capable of producing 180 gallons per day.
Our experts love helping you achieve your dream reef environment. If you have a challenge we have your solution! Stay tuned to learn more about the rest of SpectraPure’s family of RODI systems including our aquarium starter kit and super advanced pumped systems.
Contact us for a complimentary assessment at firstname.lastname@example.org or (480) 894-5437. Thanks for choosing SpectraPure — your one-stop resource for keeping your water pure and perfectly balanced for life!