Spectrapure MaxCap RODI 90 & 180
Our SpectraPure MaxCap systems are leaders in the market for creating ultra pure RO & de-ionized water for your reef tank.
In this episode of SpectraPure TV we are going to learn about the Max Cap 90, and its big brother The Max Cap 180.
Let’s start with the Max Cap 90 and take a closer look at everything that comes with one of the most economical high performance filtration systems in the world.
- First, the incoming feed water which comes in thru a 1/4″ black line that is passed through a 0.5 micron MicroTec sediment pre filter. This filter is required to remove excess particulate matter.
- The second stage of filtration is a 0.5 micron carbon block pre filter. This filter removes organics and chlorine from the feed water.
- The third filtration stage of the system is a high rejection thin film composite or TFC reverse osmosis membrane. It removes over 98% of most inorganic salts, all microorganisms and organics above 100 diatoms molecular weight. Thin-film composite membranes are semipermeable membranes manufactured principally for use in reverse osmosis water purification or water desalination systems. They also have use in chemical applications such as batteries and fuel cells.
Most membranes straight from the manufacturer have about a 96% rejection ratio while SpectraPure’s proprietary processing produces tested membranes consistently reaching up to 99%.
Another reason why we are high performance leaders in the industry is that all of our MaxCap® Systems include dual deionization or DI cartridges.
- The fourth and fifth stage filters are our MaxCap® DI “roughing” cartridge followed by our original SilicaBuster DI cartridge for the final polishing.
Using these 2 cartridges together will give you 4 times more capacity and up to 9 times the performance of comparable DI mix bed cartridges because of our proprietary blend of resins that super exceed at targeting and removing trace silica and phosphates, that can be left behind with just RO alone.
- All MaxCap® RODI systems also come equipped with two dual inline TDS meters which let you monitor the performance of the system and let you know exactly when the cartridges need to be replaced.
This helps eliminate any guesswork and allows you to use your cartridges with absolute confidence until they are truly ready to be retired.
- Finally, the MaxCap90® RODI system includes a manual flush valve, further extending the life of the TFC membrane and includes a float along with an ASO valve for automatic shut off once it reaches a specified water level in your reservoir.
All of these features not only contribute to the lifespan of your unit but the purity of your water and ease of maintaining your gorgeous reef tank.
If you are looking for ultra-pure RODI water and a system that takes all the guesswork out of keeping your reef tank performing at its best – we offer an entire family of SpectraPure MaxCap and Mega MaxCap RODI Systems.
The MaxCap 90 RODI System that we have just looked at is capable of producing 90 gallons of pure water per day and has a 2:1 waste water ratio
The MaxCap 180 RODI System is exactly the same but comes with 2 piggy backed RO membranes and and is capable of producing 180 gallons per day.
Need help? Our experts love helping you achieve your dream reef environment. If you have a challenge we have your solution!
Stay tuned to learn more about the rest of SpectraPure’s family of RODI systems including our Aquarium starter kit and super advanced pumped systems that allow you to achieve up to 1:1 ratios.
Thanks for watching SpectraPureTV!
Your one stop resource for keeping your water pure and perfectly balanced for life!
2167 E 5th St. Tempe, AZ 85281